Monday, August 16, 2010

The Exhibition


On Friday, Shauna and I drove out to outskirts of town to view the Perseid meteor shower. I took my tripod and camera with me hoping to catch a picture of the shooting stars. However, I was unsuccessful in capturing any of the galactic event. On our ride home, we stumbled upon the Saskatoon Exhibition and I thought this would be a perfect time to remedy my disappointing photo opp and try some night photography. Nothing like a pitch black night, with rotating neon lights to provoke one's creative juices. Although my first attempts were a success, the picture compositions and framing were terrible. I forgot all the basic rules of photography with all the nighttime excitement. Instead Shauna agreed to take me back to the Ex Sunday night for some quality photo shoots. Below are a few of the shots I snagged. Once again though, will all the excitement leading up this event, I forgot to charge my camera battery and only snagged about 30 pics, only 10 of which I am happy with, before the camera died. Another rookie mistake for this amateur photog. Anyways I am happy with the experience and glad to see some of the photo turned out so well.


1 comment:

  1. Really like the first photo, Slow exposures are something I have done very few of and seeing great shots like this really make me want to try more of them.

    ReplyDelete